Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Springtime ruffles

    

 
     I saw some super cute little girl dresses in a store the other day that I felt I could copy fairly easily. Why buy when you can make it for for a fraction of the cost, right? When I was little, my mom made me "shirt dresses" to play in, and I loved them. The dresses I saw reminded me of them, only they were a tad more fashionable than the ones I wore. (no offense mom!)



     I have a couple nieces with birthday's coming up, so I  thought I'd give these a whirl for presents. I purchased a few plain, inexpensive tee shirts at Walmart to use as my base. I made one for my own munchkin first for practise. They were a little more tedious than I anticipated, but the finished result was worth the work.


     These will be perfect for summer. I plan on making a less fluffy version of the skirt for myself for summer. I really enjoyed how this project stretched me a little and taught me how to do something I'd never tried before.
Linking this to:
 Tea Rose Home linky party 
Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday
Funky Junk SNS 70

7 comments:

  1. Love this!! Stopping by from tea rose link party :) www.mrsmonaghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'll definitely be trying one for my 2 1/2 year old! Stopped by from Tea Rose link party and www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, somebody help me, I am new to all the blog and crafting stuff. Where are the instructions on how to make this dress? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the ruffles! I've included these in my link round-up on the FaveCrafts Blog: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/link-love-clothes-for-the-little-ones/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich was bragging on you about these! You're such a sweet (and creative) Momma! I love you sister!

    ~Lora

    ReplyDelete