Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dining Chairs Revisited

        I've been rather blog negligent this week. Life just happens sometimes, I guess. I did want to pop in to show you the latest evolution of my dining chairs. If you remember about a year ago, I started with these chairs. (there is eight of them and the table actually spreads to be a whole lot larger than is pictured here)

   
       I painted and glazed them, and made slip covers for them.


        And we lived happily ever after...until about a week ago. See, those slip covers turned out to be pretty annoying. They were forever needing to straightened and such. I don't like high maintenance things, the less fussing I have to do to something the better! I happened upon some khaki colored ticking and just loved it!


      I think ticking has a nice old timey feel, and the neutral color and pattern can go with any decorating whims I happen to have.


          I'm pretty happy with it. I sprayed all the seats with scotch guard after I finished covering them. Hopefully that will help keep them clean.


       I think the lack of slip covers makes it look neater and cleaner too. Maybe the table will actually get redone at some point soon! I hope so! Well, enjoy the rest of this pretty Spring day!


Isaiah 49:13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

6 comments:

  1. Really like the tan and white ticking! Good job! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love those! You're brave to do fabric seats with littles. We've outgrown the number of chairs that go with our table, so I picked up 4 more on Freecycle that I need to redo. Thanks for ideas!

    Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! love the updated look! thanks for linking up to make it monday! I'll be sharing on the BRassy Apple FB page and twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your style. Its finishing is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really classy. I like the way you present it. I may say that you are really a clever person.


    Dining Furniture Perth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate, lead to I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. food deals melbourne

    ReplyDelete