Friday, September 14, 2012

DIY necklace for the untalented


      I'm severely challenged when it comes to jewelry making. (Interpretation: Abby has no patience for things that have small parts!) This necklace was right down my ally, it took five minutes and cost 25 cents! Want to know my secret?


      A belt...from the thrift store...that cost 25 cents. There's a real science to this, so watch close. Clip belt to desired length. Make sure you use the rustiest pliers you can find...it adds to the rustic charm.


       Attach extra chain to even out sides.


      Add the extra pieces on for a second little looptey-de-doop.


      Totally fab huh?! Yes, I know that that one link is backwards...and it's annoying me to no end as I sit and type this...and no, I'm not going to re-take the picture to fix it. Check back around next week and we'll talk about that shirt.


   
      It's just as fun to make as necklaces out of belts...promise. Have a great weekend!

1 Corinthians 13:4   Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment